Touax has been able to improve employee productivity, increase physical office space and enhance customer satisfaction, particularly with public administrations.
Prior to implementing Esker’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solution, Touax’s accounting department spent close to four business days per month manually processing customer invoices from its seven French branches.
A dedicated room housed all of the large equipment, printers and noisy machines — not only taking up space, but representing a significant cost for the company.
Initially, Touax outsourced the processing and delivery of paper invoices, which enabled the company to prepare its teams and customers for the gradual transition to e-invoicing.
Touax has extended its existing solution to include e-invoice delivery and is now able to offer its customers (including public administrations) the option of switching to e-invoicing with electronic signature.
The company hopes to convert 30 percent of its customers in the private sector within the next year.
Streamlined Workflow and Cutting Costs
“We were looking to modernize and gain physical space,” said Jean-Michel Erault, credit manager at Touax. “Esker offers a versatile and scalable solution, capable of automating both paper and e-invoice delivery, as well as complying with different public administrative needs.”
Implemented in just a few months, Touax has achieved numerous benefits, including:
- 20-30 percent cost savings by eliminating equipment, paper, postage and manual labor
- More rewarding work environment with fewer administrative tasks and less noise
- Streamlined workflow — invoices are sent quicker with fewer errors and documents (e.g., purchase orders, delivery notes, terms and conditions, etc.) are automatically attached to the invoice based on predefined rules
- Enhanced collaboration — invoices are available online 24/7 for all regional agencies thanks to electronic archiving
- Invoicing to public administrations — B2G e-invoicing is possible by submitting PDF invoices on the Chorus platform
“One of Esker’s strengths is its efficient and reactive support service,” said Erault. “It’s very reassuring to know that they always have an answer to our questions and particular needs.”
The easy-to-use solution was quickly adopted by team members throughout the company. In addition to automating accounts receivable tasks, Touax also uses Esker’s virtual printer to send other types of documents.
“Esker is not just a technical solution; it has modernized our processes and made it possible to federate our teams, making them more efficient in their core business,” concluded Erault.