With more than 100 out-of-the-box AI and robotic process automation–powered capabilities, the 1905 release of SAP S/4 Hana Cloud solidifies its position as the most intelligent ERP on the market today.
The new additions will be released in May 2019. They cement SAP’s goal announced in 2018 to automate 50 percent of manual tasks in the ERP system over the following three years. Examples of new AI capabilities include:
- Intelligent accruals management. Allows closing books faster with automated conversion of purchase order data into posted accruals.
- Defect code proposal. Speeds up quality checks and increases data quality simultaneously with automated categorization of defects based on free-text entry.
- Financial journal entry with intelligent robotic process automation. Automates the collection, extraction and also validation of financial journal data from e-mails, and mass uploads the data into S/4 Hana.
Benefits of new innovations in S/4 Hana
With support available in 40 countries, customers can now reimagine their global businesses and also leverage AI to drive:
- New business models. Accurately simulate new commercial offers based on subscription and usage pricing, and be able to roll those out 40 percent faster; introduce sophisticated revenue-sharing models with partners.
- Intelligent product design and faster go-to-market time. Incorporate ideas learned from customer feedback and experiences faster into product design processes; reduce time to market by cutting in half the time required to optimize pricing, resulting in increased sales.
- Personalized products and services. Reduce time needed to define, produce and go to market with individualized product variants by 10 to 20 percent; trace, monitor and maintain personalized products throughout the entire product life cycle.
To make it even easier for customers to make the right decisions and steer operations in real time, a further improved integration of the SAP Analytics Cloud solution and S/4 Hana has been launched, bringing planning, analysis and execution together.
“In today’s experience economy, companies search for new ways to delight their customers,” said Jan Gilg, head of S/4 Hana. “SAP’s goal is to help companies get there by becoming intelligent enterprises. With our 40 years of experience running the world’s most critical business processes — and also combining that with our knowledge of over 25 industries — we are their most trusted partner in achieving true business impact with the best use of intelligence and data.”
Full support for move to the cloud
For greater flexibility, companies can move to S/4 Hana Cloud at their own pace. This therefore enables journeys to the cloud that are aligned to individual business priorities.
Companies can selectively apply advanced process chains, group reporting, advanced financial close and central procurement in the cloud, while keeping other S/4 Hana ERP capabilities in existing environments. This enables businesses to take an incremental approach, resulting in faster time to value.
To further increase the speed of innovation, SAP plans to offer monthly releases of S/4 Hana Cloud in 2020. These releases will provide greater control over the activation of new functions.
With a strong track record of reliability, SAP is planning to increase its S/4 Hana Cloud service-level agreement to 99.9 percent uptime in 2019, helping ensure the highest performance levels so companies can achieve unparalleled business agility.
For greater choice, SAP plans for S/4 Hana Cloud to run on Google Cloud Platform in the third quarter of 2019. Furthermore, in the fourth quarter, SAP plans to extend its global reach to China and run on Alibaba Cloud; China’s largest public cloud services provider. This will be followed by Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, both planned for 2020.