Global business value derived from AI is projected to total $1.2 trillion in 2018. This means an increase of 70 percent from 2017, according to Gartner. Furthermore, IDC predicts that 75 percent of commercial enterprise applications will use AI by 2021.
However, even though businesses plan to use AI to create new and innovative business opportunities fueled by diverse, distributed, and dynamic data, they often find that their most valuable data is trapped in silos, hampered by complexity and too costly to harness for resource-intensive AI applications.
“The speed and volume of data now generated and managed across IoT devices and sensors, on-premises data centers, and in hybrid cloud environments, is increasing. Therefore, having a Data Fabric that spans edge, core, and cloud is essential to AI success,” said Joel Reich, NetApp.
Reich added, “Furthermore, with today’s new data services and solutions, integrated through the NetApp Data Fabric, organizations can accelerate data pipelines across an entire enterprise to train deep learning models and power AI applications with the simplicity, choice, and scale necessary to achieve real impact.”
NetApp Ontap 9.5 software
- Delivers unmatched versatility that offers high performance and consistent low latency, accelerating critical workloads with industry-leading end-to-end NVMe capabilities.
- Unifies data management across storage environments — flash, disk, and, obviously, cloud.
- Automates tiering of petabyte-scale datasets to object stores in the cloud or on the premises.
- Accelerates read performance with cached data sets within a cluster and at remote sites.
- Increases storage efficiency savings by up to 15% for relational database applications.
- Accelerates performance of application-level data, enabling faster processing of data for AI applications and real-time data analytics.
- Speeds application data recovery with data protection services for persistent memory in servers.
- Improves efficiency by using fewer servers to achieve similar or better performance.
- Also leverages all the data management capabilities of NetApp Ontap.
Max Data allows customers to turbo charge their application performance without rewrites to application code. Furthermore, Max Data is the industry’s first solution to leverage persistent memory in servers to deliver memory-like ultra-low latency and flash-like capacity.
Flash Performance Guarantee
NetApp also offers the industry’s first latency guarantee. This allows customers to consume AI applications with the confidence of predictable low latency. Unparalleled in the industry, the performance guarantee offers consistent latency of 0.5ms or less. Consequently, it enables businesses to reduce cost and risk.
NetApp StorageGrid SG6060
- Flash-accelerated object storage addresses the needs of high-performance, high-concurrency workloads for IoT, big data analytics, and machine learning environments.
- Combined with Ontap FabricPool capabilities, customers now have best-in-class data management capabilities while harnessing the value of object storage economics.
NetApp Solution Support for FlexPod
- The single-point-of-contact support team has know-how across the key components of the entire solution. These include storage, storage network, compute, compute OS, LAN networking, and hypervisor.
- NetApp Solution Support also includes NetApp Converged System Advisor (CSA) software, which simplifies the customer’s operations and lifecycle management of FlexPod. The CSA superior monitoring and management with a single-pane view of the system’s health helps reduce time to resolution for support incidents.