The cf CLI v7 unlocks new application development workflows for users who require granular control of their applications and supports advanced deployment strategies by utilizing the Cloud Foundry v3 APIs. Both the new CLI tool and the v3 APIs enable unique workflows by exposing package, droplet, build, and process control resources. The new version of the CLI and APIs also introduces new resources such as sidecars, manifests, and deployments.
Key features of cf CLI v7
- Rolling app deployments. Push updates to apps without incurring downtime.
- Running cf push sub-step commands. Exercise granular control over the cf push process. These commands break down the cf push process into sub-steps that can run independently.
- Pushing an app with multiple processes. Use a single command to push apps that run multiple processes. One example is a web app that has a UI process and a worker process.
- Pushing apps with sidecar processes. Run additional processes in the same container as your app.
- Using metadata. Add metadata to objects such as spaces and apps. This can help with operating, monitoring, and auditing.