For this analysis, Tricentis collected data from 110 Fortune 500 (or global equivalent) financial organizations – including banking, insurance, payments providers, financial services, and more – across Europe, the Americas, and the Asia-Pacific region.
The latest analysis in Tricentis’ broader longitudinal study on how the world’s top organizations test includes the following findings:
- Overall, financial organizations’ testing processes are 29 percent more mature than those of their peers in other industries and they are 2.5 times more likely to have automated tests fully integrated into their CI/CD pipeline.
- Test coverage at financial organizations is nearly 50 percent more mature than in other industries.
- Financial organizations are more likely to start adopting critical continuous testing elements but are less likely to have mastered them.
- Banking organizations scored 42 percent better on test automation than organizations outside the financial industry.
- Insurance organizations lead the pack in terms of test data management with their overall test data strategy being 63 percent more mature than the strategy of those outside the financial space.